Contest Day 9

Contest Day 7

With an approaching cold front the winds are blowing out of the SW and The Hamilton TAF is calling for winds 20 gusting 30 kts with thunderstorms. It appears that all the rain has now gone through and the 16Z METAR from Hamilton reported 15 gusting to 23kts. All the forecast models show a B/S ratio around 1-3 for the day, so the day was again cancelled. We are holding out hope for 3 good days after this front moves through and the temperatures drop from the 30's into the low 20's.

Posted by Dave Springford http://2014nationals.blogspot.ca/2014/07/contest-day-7.html

Contest Day 8

News from Canadian clubs

MayFly 2018 Fly Day 1 results
Further to KB's posting, here are the results. We aren't flying today, but tomorrow looks good. AT did not fly (Contest Director), making sure everything ran smoothly...
Read more...
Mayfly 2018, Day 1
We had a good first day of competition for Mayfly 2018. Is was blue again, just as it has been for the past few weeks of soaring in the area. Thermals were...
Read more...
First "vache" of the year
As soon as we launched at 12:10 on Thursday, we could see that the day would be better then we had expected. Cu's began to form even though it was suppose to...
Read more...
Cross Country Clinic - July 2018
The Board and CFI Team has approved our Annual Cross Country Clinic. The clinic will commence on Monday July 9/18 and will run until Friday evening, July 13/18. This will be a...
Read more...
More spring checks and training flights
Another day of good soaring brings an almost perfect score for this first weekend in May.While a team of dedicated owners performed aircraft weighing in the Boudreault hangar with Niall digital scales,...
Read more...

SAC news feed

Visit this page frequently or ask your webmaster to publish our news on your club's site feed-image with this link

An example of integration of SAC news is given at this link